Back from Scottsdale. That was the biggest waste of time. Maybe it would have been a nicer trip if I wasn't still feeling yucky, and Kevin was there. It sucked going a whole week together, and then 4 days cold turkey. Unfortunately, he'll be going to Boston next month for a week, leaving me home all alone. Stupid work!
I'm starting to realize that this day and age is filled with more stress than I like. Politics for one, terrorism for another, the colapse of the stock market. These are all things that 10 years ago would have no affect on me, because I knew everything, and none of that affected me personally. Now that I'm an "adult", it's much more real, and much more stressful. I've always been a "whatever happens, happens" kind of girl, but I can't help but feel that even though these things are out of my control, I just want it to go away and be ok. That's the Polyanna in me, I suppose.
So: I hope whoever gets elected President really will do a good job leading the country. If for some reason terrorists decide to destroy Salt Lake City, I hope everyone knows how much they mean to me, and that I love them. If this does happen, then that would mean Kevin is gone too, but as far as the stock market goes, my 401K beneficiary wouldn't matter anyway, because they'd get about 28 dollars out of what I've invested.
Basically, I've decided to just live life the best that I can with what I have and what I know, and leave the big decisions up to those that are hopefully more capable. I know it seems menial to some, but I just want to love my family, watch them grow, and settle into a life with my husband without wondering when the next nuclear attack will be, or where my invested money is going to end up, or which political candidate had the best zing during their debate.
Ignorance is bliss. I miss being ignorant. I guess I'll just settle for indifferent.
1 comment:
Oh yes, things will happen. You just have to do the best that you can with what you have to work with. It is said "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." However, I never feel prepared for things, no matter how hard I try. I agree, just try to live the best life that you can and remember that family is everything and no matter what, your family loves you no matter what and always will!
Post a Comment