After putting in my notice at good ol' MediConnect, I was blessed to have that notice shortened to a few days rather than two weeks. Thus, I have not worked since last Wednesday. This is AWESOME!
Last week I shared lunch with a few friends. I'm happy to report that everyone is doing well and moving forward with their lives. Kevin and I spent some seriously deserved lazy lounge around the house time over the weekend. We watched the entire second season of our new favorite show, Dexter. Love it! Hopefully we'll be borrowing the third season from one of Kevin's co-workers tonight.
Today I finished a Christmas present which turned out SO CUTE! I wish the one I made for myself would have been that cute. I'm jealous. I've also continued working on the quilt I'm making for Angel's bed. I don't have quilt frames which presents a problem at this point in the project. The entire blanket it strewn out on the floor of the basement, eyeballing me every time I go down there. It wants to be finished as much as I want to finish it, but today is not the day for all that.
I plan to do some grocery shopping today. I'm pretending to be the stay at home mom/wife I always wanted to be this week. So far, the only bad part is sending my husband off to make the bucks while I reluctantly sleep in. Maybe that's not the bad part...for me anyway. I do miss him, though. Thankfully there's much to do so I haven't had to struggle too much with the agony of missing him.
Other plans this week you ask? Visiting the dentist, getting a hair cut and visiting with my sister. My nephew was hit by a car on his way to school last week, so he's been in and out of the hospital. Nothing serious yet, but definitely a scary situation. It will be good to have my sister here. Hopefully it will take her mind off things for a couple of days.
Looking forward to Thanksgiving next week. I can not believe this year is almost over. I've spent many weeks this year wishing time would go by faster but now looking back, I want that time back! Go slower! I guess I can't have it both ways. Not yet, anyway. The discovery of time travel will one day change that but until then, take your time, 2010.
1 comment:
i have quilt frames if you want to borrow them!
Where is your new job?
Post a Comment