This weekend Kevin and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. We had tons of fun! We went to see Under the Sea in 3D at the IMAX theatre in the Clark Planetarium. After that, we went to the store to get some goodies for the kids. We went home for a while and just hung out, then we went to check into our hotel for the night. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite off of 4th South. It had an in room fireplace! Not the fanciest place, but it was cozy.
These events were my suprise to Kevin, but he went the extra mile and wrote me a poem, and even performed it live for me (flowers and candy included). So, to go in line with my ever-bragging I do about my husband, I'm posting his touching words:
"My Wife
By Kevin Garn
I know not of St. Valentine or why he has a day, but it gives me opportunity to express myself this way.
Because I am so much in love, I thought I’d write a poem. I hope that after hearing this she thinks “I sure am glad I know him”.
This poem is about the love of my life. “Who’s that?” You ask? Why, It’s Elisa, my wife.
Before I met her, my world was so dark. We were brought together and she ignited a spark.
Can such a wonderful woman be real? Could she really fall in love with me? What’s the deal?
She did fall in love to my surprise. There must be something wrong with her eyes.
She was given to me from above like a gift. Immediately my spirits began to lift.
It didn’t take me long to make the decision. I knew our hearts had had a collision.
I asked her to marry me in a thick grove of trees. And she said ‘yes’ to me down on my knees.
I didn’t go to Jared to get her a ring, but she still loves to sport her fancy bling-bling.
Unto her and no other I will always cleave. With her I can wear my heart on my sleeve.
I promised I’d love her in sickness or health. I know that she’ll love me too despite lack of wealth.
She doesn’t mind that we aren’t rich and don’t have lots of money. And when I’m getting on her nerves she just says “Oh, you’re funny.”
I promised I’d always be faithful when we’re parted. Cheat on my wife? What am I, retarded?
My wife is my friend, my partner and lover. I promised that I’d never beat, punch or shove her.
She sparkles with beauty, a diamond in the rough. She’s sexy in clothing and also in the buff.
My wife is incredibly beautiful. She could be a super model. So pretty that it’s mind bottling… You know, like my thoughts are in a bottle.
Sometimes I sit back and I reminisce of the first time she gave me a wonderful kiss.
With her face and her hair, her lips and her body… no wonder she makes her husband feel naughty.
She’s the first thing I see when I wake in the morn. She’s 1000 times better than internet porn.
My wife smells amazing, like exotic flowers. She even smells nice before she showers.
Every man that she meets sure tries to schmooze her, but I trust her completely. I know I won’t lose her.
She always greets me with a smile, kind words, some hugs and kisses. I know that when we are apart, it’s always me she misses.
She’s always so happy and so full of joy. When I look through her eyes, I feel like a boy.
The best step-mom for which any child could ask. When they need her there, she’s up to the task.
The kids love it when she likes to play games. And she loves it as well, she always exclaims.
She enjoys arts and crafts, she’s always creative. If Smartland existed, she’d be a native.
She’s intelligent and brainy, sharp as a tack. It’s probably because she doesn’t smoke crack.
She gives me my way even when she shouldn’t. Find a better woman than her? Trust me, I couldn’t.
My wife doesn’t mind too much that I’m old. At least I don’t look it… well, so I’m told.
She loves me if I’m being smart or even being dumb. When I grow old and senile, I’m sure she’ll wipe my bum.
Everyone who meets my wife sure knows that I am lucky. She’s better than a pizza pie or fried chicken from Kentucky.
She laughs at my jokes even if they’re lame. She’s clever and witty… wish I was the same.
She is so funny with her words, she always makes me giggle. I like to tickle her arm pits and watch her squirm and wiggle.
We like to get comfy and cozy and snuggle. I put up with her dog, Gomer the puggle.
My wife lets me pick what movies we watch. She never kicks me too hard in the crotch.
She does cooking and cleaning and all kinds of chores. She sleeps patiently next to a husband that snores.
She takes care of me when I have aches and pains. She gets rid of my difficult laundry stains.
She puts up with me when I’m grumpy and mope. She inspires me with her optimistic hope.
I need her so much. I’d be lost without her. She’s better than nachos and New England clam chowder.
I’m so thrilled and excited that it’s me she loves. I need her like a proctologist needs gloves.
I guess what I’m really trying to say is that if she were a man, I’d probably be gay.
She always takes care of my wants and needs. My wife made me realize how a marriage succeeds.
In life we will have our ups and our downs. But with her I know there’s more smiles than frowns.
I love my wife’s mind, her body and soul, every hair on her head and little brown mole.
This Valentine’s day, I just want to tell her that she’s perfect to me. I’m one lucky feller.
If loving my wife is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all, and to all a good night!"
How cute is that? Seriously? I am so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment