Thursday, March 19, 2009

What is it That Makes the World go 'Round Again?

Kevin and I got to talking to the other day. Given the economy is in the pooper, we thought it would be a good time to start house hunting, perhaps even make a purchase. This led to many discoveries, such as:

1) Utah's home market is not as much in the pooper as most other places, unless we're referring to our current home value. Then yes, it's in the pooper.
2) If you ever expect to sell a home, you MUST clean up the dog poop all over the yard before you invite people to even consider buying it (the house, not the dog poop). Also, wood panelling is never a good choice when advertising the perks.
3) If you're not a first time home buyer, you are ska-rood.
4) Even if you are a first time home buyer, you better not be married to someone that's not, because you won't qualify anyway.
5) Obama hates me.
6) I would do a lot of things to earn the money for a down payment in a hurry (no, this is not referring to anything illegal, such as lewd acts or stripping. Sheesh).
7) Don't ever fall in love with a house.

These are just a taste of all the things I've learned in the last 2 weeks. I suppose this leaves me to consider what the next few months have in store. I'm hoping for the best, maybe even a miracle. If it doesn't happen, though, something better is in store someday. I know it!

No comments: