Yesterday was Mother's Day. Kevin and I had a nice relaxing day: We went to church (and ironically was annoyed at the parents of the non-stop screaming children who didn't seem to understand the common courtesy of taking said children outside), had some home made fajitas, and watched a movie. This all took place of the yard work we planned on doing. We also had a great long talk about our mutual gratitude for each other (insert crowd "aaaaaawe" here).
I like to hear Kevin talk about the memories he has with his mom. She seems like such a great lady, a lot like me even! I can tell her family meant everything to her, and someday I hope to be worthy enough to meet her, since she's no doubt made it to Heaven!
This also got me thinking about my own mom. Everyone thinks about their mom on Mother's Day, but for some reason, being a "mom" now myself makes me even more grateful for what she's done for me over the years. I can't believe the angst I caused, along with all the sacrifices she had to make. I think about her every day, and probably don't tell her enough how much I love her and how thankful I am that she's here and able to a part of my life.
I have been considering some life-changing decisions lately. Considering may not be the right word...more along the lines of "working toward" some life-changing decisions. Kevin and I are still waiting to hear back on the home we put an offer on. I have been looking at other career opportunities. We are becoming more serious about attempting to have a baby. Big things; expensive things. But we're trying to be patient, always remembering to keep our best foot forward, planning for the future and living in the moment.
The greatest thing about spring time is it seems to lighten and brighten everything. Everything from everyday moods, to the flower blossoms, to new romance and life. I've seen my best friend begin a new, beautiful relationship. I've watched another dear friend conceive a baby (and well deserved might I add!). I've seen sad, lonely people turn into bright, chipper people again. It's truly amazing what a little bit of warmth and sunshine does to our society. I love seeing all the blossoms on the trees. Gradually seeing those blossoms turn to leaves reminds me of the never-ending renewal process, and how no matter how dark, cold, and never-ending things may seem, there is always that light at the end of the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment